VAWA Guide: Everything You Need to Know About VAWA

The Violence Against Women Act, or VAWA, is a special law which allows the spouse and/or child of an abusive U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident to apply for a green card by self-petition. Through VAWA, someone can apply for their green card without the help of their abusive spouse. In this guide, I will explainContinue reading “VAWA Guide: Everything You Need to Know About VAWA”

Step by Step of Replacing Your Lost Green Card

As a U.S. permanent resident, you are issued a green card. The green card is your proof of lawful status as a U.S. permanent resident. This document proves your ability to live and work in the United States and so it is highly important. So, what happens if you lose your green card? In this guide,Continue reading “Step by Step of Replacing Your Lost Green Card”

H4 EAD Dependent visas

The H4 visa is the dependent visas that attaches to the H1B visa. H1B visas are the most common nonimmigrant work visa available to professionals. Some H4 visa holders are eligible for EAD, an Employment Authorization Document. In my practice, H1B families have posed similar questions about the nuances of the H4 EAD. I haveContinue reading “H4 EAD Dependent visas”

Everything to Know on How to Get Your Reentry Permit

If you are a United States lawful permanent resident (green card holder), you have the right to live in the U.S. and travel freely outside of the U.S. However, certain types of travel can put your green card at risk. That is why if you are planning to travel outside of the U.S. for longerContinue reading “Everything to Know on How to Get Your Reentry Permit”

Create your website with
Get started